Thursday 9 January 2014

Leaving Portugal after one month

I don't know where the time goes, I have been here a month and mostly the weather has been much better than I expected. I am now making plans to head off to Morocco, I will leave here on Friday, meet up on Saturday with a couple from York, Jan & Steve whom I met here before Christmas, and they will cross to Morocco with me as its their first time there and are happy to have someone show them the ropes. We will get the ferry on Sunday morning and hopefully get to somewhere on the coast before dark.
Kevan & Barbara and Peter & Mary are now in Morocco and we will all meet up for a while soon. I will head South fairly quickly to get some hot weather, maybe stopping in Essaouria for a few days if the weather is ok. It's been good to be in the same place for a while, I meet other people and I have had time to sort the van to my liking and get used to doing everything by myself, though its still strange and quiet!

I am looking forward to getting on the road again, I’ve only moved the van twice in a month. My bike has been great for getting small batches of shopping, though my pump got nicked outside a supermarket in town the other day. Also managed quite a lot of rides, certainly a lot more than I would have done at home in wet, cold weather. Luckily the Algarve has missed all the stormy weather although just looking a few miles inland North from here it always seems very dark & gloomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment