Thursday 23 January 2014

Aglou Plage life

Kevan and Barbara emailed and said they were at Sidi Wassay about a 30 mile drive back up towards Agadir. I decided to have a change of scenery and visit them there for a few hours. They are travelling with 2 other vans who are also on their first visit to Morocco, so I got to meet them all. Whilst looking out the front of their van I recognized a German number plate of the van belonging to Karl & Helga, an older German couple that we have met on various sites around Morocco and we spent our last day of our last Morocco trip with them in Martil on the Med coast. Obviously their first question was where is Gill, so I had to explain what had happened as I will have to do to a few others whom I no doubt will meet later on.

The site here is now completely full, unfortunately everyone who turns up is French and I have no one to talk to. I have been out on my bike though doing 20 mile rides in 3 directions, the other is the sea. Time to move on soon, I have made use of the washing machine today once I finally managed to get one. Another reason to leave is the paint fumes. French drivers must be bad as so many of them are getting the paintwork resprayed, mostly their colour matching bumpers. The problem is the man comes to their pitch with his compressor and does the job there, so if its nearby you get all the noise and the paint fumes. One van opposite had it done for 5 days in a row, luckily the wind was blowing away from me. Now today my neighbour is having some done and it is blowing my way. They're not all bad though, tonight one French man at the washing up sinks told me, and showed me, that I could get Hot water from the disabled toilet as the washing up sinks only have cold. Actually more of a surprise is that even have disabled toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment