Monday 27 January 2014

Finally moving on away from the coast

So I finally moved on to Sidi Ifni a bit further South down the coast and had a good drive on the newly resurfaced coast. As it was Saturday I wanted to be sure to get the internet football commentary so I parked up on the rough parking next to the site of the weekly souk and got a good strong signal. I listened to the match and nipped out of the van to stock up with fruit & veg at half time. The Seagulls won 3-1 and now progress to the next round of the FA Cup, next match Hull.
I could have stayed on the parking overnight but its quite busy with traffic arriving all evening to set up for the big market. I went and looked down at the beach side camping from the top of the cliffs and saw there were spaces so decided to drive down there and stay the night. Walking through the town it was noticeable how the attractive Art Deco style buildings had been restored and smartened up. Also I remember we found quite a good bun shop there so I stocked up with a good supply for the next few days.
The camping was much more interesting than where I have spent the last 2 weeks, many more different nationalities, surfers and different looking vans. I only stayed the one night as I was heading a bit further South to meet up with Kevan & Barbara & Peter & Mary and 3 other vans with them at an inland site South East of Guelmim.


I was looking forward to having a few folk to sit around and chat with and the odd bike ride with some company but when I arrived they were nearly all sick, I was almost tempted not to stop in case I caught something. It turned out they had all had a meal with the campsite owner and got sick from the sardines or possibly salad they had eaten. Fortunately it seems to have been a 24 hours bug and they are much better today.


Its a small site set next to a Palmerie, much more desert like and loads of great tracks to get out and explore on the bikes, though not very hilly close by. Much more the type of Morocco I like rather than the busier coast and much quieter without the constant crashing Atlantic waves that I have been next to for the last two weeks. 










There was quite a lot of rain here about a week ago and things are starting to turn a bit greener which I'm sure the donkeys, goats and sheep are happier about.

1 comment:

  1. Just read your latest entries to Susi and she is relieved that you managed to avoid the meal that made everyone sick. Susi is ticking over quite well here but there has been a major problem with the care package and the company that provides it. Clare is now frantically arranging meetings with prospective new supliers in the hope that we can get something better in. Will tell you more when we can.
    Hope things are continuing to go well.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete