Thursday 20 March 2014

Speeding, How much?


On the final stretch of the journey taking Sandra, Eric & Irene back to Marrakesh for their return flights I was stopped for the first time ever by the Gendarme. I was speeding, doing 69kph in a 60 zone which I had not noticed. They showed me approaching on their hand held camera. After producing all my document I was informed there was a fine of 300Dirham which I got from my wallet. I was asked to get out of the van and go to their patrol car and was shown an official form with 300Dh printed on it. I handed the money over and I was asked if I wanted a receipt, being in a hurry I said no. I was then handed the money back and the Gendarme said ok give me what you want! What to do? I had 3 x 100 notes in my hand so offered him 100Dh, he shook my hand and seemed to want to be my best friend! We were then quickly on our way. So it cost me less than £8.00

No comments:

Post a Comment