Thursday 6 February 2014

Great mountain bike country

It takes a long while to get anywhere here, at least you don't have to worry about the traffic.








There are so many off piste tracks to explore, but it's hot so I go in the morning and carry plenty of water. I usually manage 20-30 miles each day.











Strangely enough I rarely meet anyone else










but this is one of the camels I saw the other day.



It's so dry and barren but then you can go over a hill and come across palms growing next to a dry river bed.













It hardly ever rains here and is hot even in February but there are always things growing. There are water channels that can be directed to water what looks like bare soil and suddenly make the desert green.










My camping place for the last week


No comments:

Post a Comment